Thanksgiving day is coming soon! Are you excited to attend Thanksgiving dinner with your family and friends? Of course, I bet that you are excited to see your family and friends. Meanwhile, some people do not want to come to Thanksgiving dinner for some reasons. Some people prefer to go to Thanksgiving dinner in some restaurants instead of attending the dinner with family and friends in hopes of avoiding the family feuds or other personal issues. Some people do not believe in any traditional holiday for various reasons.
I am sure that you would like to hear what happened in my Thanksgiving dinner with my former boyfriend a few years ago. Let me tell you a little story, I did go to Thanksgiving dinner with my former boyfriend and found that his family and friends brought up the old past issues and yelled at each other loudly. It made me feeling like I wanted to leave soon, my former boyfriend was embarrassed and took me out to the movie without saying goodbye to his family and friends, we just tried to forget what happened.
I am writing a post about 5 things not to say at Thanksgiving dinner to help you prepare your attendance properly and respectfully. Please know that Thanksgiving is very special traditional holiday for the family and friends together.
5 Things Not To Say At Thanksgiving Dinner
- Religion. Some people have different kind of religions, but they need to respect each other. When you go to Thanksgiving dinner with your family and friends, you find that they have different kind of their religions. Advice: Do not bring up any religious stuff during Thanksgiving dinner in order to avoid getting hurt from the others.
- Family (or Friends) Feud. A lot of people have family & friendship issues, but they should manage their behaviors just like civil people who enjoy spending time with family and friends. Once you find yourself to sit right next to your enemy, do not throw your anger out at Thanksgiving dinner. Advice: Control yourself calm and enjoy spending your time with your special ones.
- Special Dietary Preferences. Some people mention that they are on diets, they rather avoid eating a lot of greasy foods during Thanksgiving dinner. However, they should not say that to these people who cook because they make amazing delicious foods for special Thanksgiving dinner. Advice: Do not say anything about greasy foods, you do not have to mention that you are on diet.
- Political Discussion. Many people have discussed a lot of political things during Thanksgiving dinner. Some people feel uncomfortable talking about political issues because they think that talking about political issues is overwhelming. Advice: Do not discuss political issues with people during Thanksgiving dinner.
- Gross Foods. Some people say that the foods are awful during Thanksgiving dinner in the front of the people. It’s hurtful to hear this, it’s not okay to say “Yikes! I don’t like what you cook.” What if your girlfriend’s mother cooks and you end up disliking it? How can you handle that? Advice: Do not say any foods that you dislike.