Have you forgiven yourself for what you have done before? I have forgiven myself so many times, I am certain that it’s not very easy to do this. God is very loving and forgiving, so can you forgive yourself, even though you have tough times? Let’s find out what God says in the Bible.
Three years ago, one of my family members stole my husband’s Walmart card to pay off his Xbox subscription – $10 monthly fee. It was unacceptable! Luckily, my husband caught this one when he checked his statement every week and made sure that his balance was correct. My husband cancelled his credit card, $10 was credited back. But, we educated him not to do this again in the future. And we humbly forgave him, even though he did not ask us for forgiveness. Sadly, he did not forgive himself for what he had done yet.
Last week ago, the same person lost his job and decided to steal my mother’s bank card to pay off his monthly payments for his car and cellphone. He called me and he wanted to know how much my mother had in her account, I was very uncomfortable with his questions. I asked him curiously with the “why” question, he said that my mother was wealth. I was like – “Whoa…” in my head. He added that he stole my mother’s bank card to pay off his online payments. I was very furious! He thought that my mother had a lot of money, I told him that she was completely broke because she had to pay the medical bills and utilities. My mother has breast cancer, I could not imagine how he took all money out of her bank card. I was such so embarrassed how one did this to our family. I told him to stop doing this because stealing is a serious crime.
Two days ago, the same person was shockingly caught by the police because my mother called, but she did not know that he was one of our family members. The good news, she did not press charges against him, the police warned him about stealing. Obviously, he finally learned his lesson and took a serious consequence. He called my mother that he apologized for what he had done.
He told me that he attempted to forgive himself for what he had done because he did not know how to do this. So I sent him an text message some bible verses to forgive himself. I explained everything that God says in the Bible, he felt so terrible about his wrong doing. Still, we all love him unconditionally just like God loves him. He was aware of that repentance was very important when he was wrong. I reminded him to know that God helps him to deal with his wrongly doings and forgiving.
Now the person moves on and he takes his time to forgive himself, he continually walks with God and has faith in Him.
Forgiving yourself is very important when you know what you have done wrong. The Bible encourages you to ask for God’s forgiveness and repent yourself for the sins you have. You need to forgive others as well as forgiving yourself.
10 Bible Verses To Forgive Yourself
- God showed how much he loved us by sending his one and only Son into the world so that we might have eternal life through him. (1 John 4:9, NLT).
- If you forgive those who sin against you, your heavenly Father will forgive you. But if you refuse to forgive others, your Father will not forgive your sins. (Matthew 6:14-15, NLT).
- Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you. (1 Peter 5:7, NLT).
- Make allowance for each other’s faults, and forgive anyone who offends you. Remember, the Lord forgave you, so you must forgive others. (Colossians 3:13, NLT).
- So watch yourselves! “If another believer[a] sins, rebuke that person; then if there is repentance, forgive. Even if that person wrongs you seven times a day and each time turns again and asks forgiveness, you must forgive.” (Luke 17:3-4, NLT).
- and forgive us our sins, as we have forgiven those who sin against us. (Matthew 6:12, NLT).
- Sensible people control their temper; they earn respect by overlooking wrongs. (Proverbs 19:11, NLT).
- “I tell you, her sins—and they are many—have been forgiven, so she has shown me much love. But a person who is forgiven little shows only little love.” (Luke 7:47, NLT).
- But when you are praying, first forgive anyone you are holding a grudge against, so that your Father in heaven will forgive your sins, too. (Mark 11:25, NLT).
- If another believer sins against you, go privately and point out the offense. If the other person listens and confesses it, you have won that person back. (Matthew 18:15, NLT).
So these bible verses can help you to learn how to forgive others as well as forgiving yourself. If you know someone who needs to forgive themselves, would you willing to share this? 🙂
iHeart Verse Link-Up Party #4
Here are the featured post from last two week’s party
12 Things You Need To Know About God That Will Make You Humble by Counting My Blessings
If your post is being featured, please grab the featured image below and add it on your post (or the sidebar).
When is iHeart Verse link party?
iHeart Verse link party will open on every Friday at 8am (Pacific Time).
Who will participate this party?
YOU! You are welcome to participate, but the important thing you need to do is to link up Christian or Faith-Based post. LSD, Mormon, or other religious posts are not allowed, please.
What about the rules?
- Follow my social media: Facebook / Twitter / Pinterest
- Add only 1-2 Christian blog posts. No LSD, Mormon, or other religious posts are allowed.
- Do not allow to link up any sale posts from your blog or sale posts that direct to Etsy, Ebay, or Amazon –Please do post only blog posts.
- Please visit at least 2 blog posts. Share or comment via the blog posts. Make new friends and get to know each other. Saying “Hi” would not be harmful.
- Link back to the #iHeartVerseParty in your post, you never know if your post would probably turn to be the featured one. 🙂
And… I have “iHeart Verse Link Party” Pinterest Board below:
I’d love to see you adding my button to your sidebar! Please grab the button to help bring attention to this party. Feel free to add the button to your link party page, sidebar, or post!
Sign Up iHeart Verse Link Party
*Don’t miss the party, then let’s sign up for my iHeart Verse link party below to remind you via your email inbox*
~ linda @ Being Woven
How important forgiveness is.. whether of oneself or another. Asking for forgiveness from another is also so important to one’s well being. Fine verses to remind me of God’s desire for us.
Joyce Cortes Mackenroth
True! I’m glad that you came to stop by here 🙂
Tea With Jennifer
We alk need to take the consequences of our actions, praise God we have His forgiveness.
Joyce Cortes Mackenroth
Jennifer, thank you! 🙂
I’m so glad we have a God who not only loves us, he always shows us grace.
Joyce Cortes Mackenroth
Thank you, Anita 🙂
Thank you 🙂