30 Ways to Stop Procrastinating
As a mother and wife, I have to remind myself to do household chores at home and doing a lot of tasks for my two boys and husband. I keep telling myself, “Stay focused on your important plans and tasks with your family, you are a mother and wife.” Unfortunately, my mind has screamed, “Ignore your tasks at home! Ignore your tasks at home!” I sense that my mind attempts to play with me. I do not want to ignore my tasks or other important matters at home and from work.
That is called “Procrastination,” it sounds like not so friendly. Procrastination is very poisonous! I do not have to worry and I am not alone because I trust my Lord, He stays with me all the times. I pray and ask Him for help (Philippians 4:6). Honestly, I always feel so good when Lord is here with me.
Two important things I can do with Christ who strengths me is that I have to stay faithful and I stay focused on my tasks with my teenaged sons, husband, and my loyal clients.
Every day I have seen that many people procrastinate all the times. Everyone in the world is procrastinating because some people does not care what they are supposed to do at home, some people feel down without being encouraged to do something fun, some people think that staying at home alone is no problem at all. Some people staying at home feel like they are lonely. Some people think that working is not so important. Some people complain that working is very boring! Now, what about you? Do you feel guilty when you are not doing your chores at home or avoid spending more time with family (or friends)? No worries, you are not alone. Nobody is so perfect.
Furthermore, I am writing about 30 ways to stop procrastinating. And my husband gave me his ideas, too. How nice! Do you want to stop your procrastination? Ok, let’s grab some ways to stop procrastinating.
30 Ways To Stop Procrastinating
1. Do not put off tomorrow what you can do today.
2. Always keep your promise to yourself and others.
3. say what you mean and mean what you say.
4. Keep your strict schedule and follow it.
5. Find an important reason to finish now.
6. Think about free time later.
7. Remember how nice you will feel if you are finished.
8. Change your old habit to new habit.
9. Change your social environment and make new friends.
10. Get a friend and start talking.
11. Spend more time with family and close friends.
12. Keep your personal goals with you.
13. Change your old goals to new goals.
14. Do not look back for your old ones, you can start look forward to your new ones.
15. Do not obsess with your old ones, start doing a new one.
16. Do not be stuck with yourself over your past life, move on with your new life.
17. Do not think too much, begin doing something enjoyable.
18. Move on the first step with your task.
19. Start your new day, you will feel better.
20. Make good choices, you will be satisfied.
21. Make a better decision, you will be amazed by yourself.
22. Overcome your fear over too many things, you will be okay.
23. Start it, you will finish it.
24. Stay active, you will feel good.
25. Stay attention on your tasks, you will feel relieved.
26. Schedule all tasks early at home and from work, you will be no longer under stress.
27. Have a clear and detailed plan for when you will finish the task or project.
28. Do everything with a purpose.
29. Have a solid foundation of beliefs.
30. Do it unto the Lord.
And I believe that you can create more ideas on how to stop procrastinating. If you have your own ability to stop procrastinating, that is great! If you can do things that Lord Christ gives you the strengths, you have strength to overcome your procrastination.
Moreover, “My advice is to never do tomorrow what you can do today. Procrastination is the thief of time.” – Charles Dickens
“I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.” – Phililppians 4:13 KJV
Vanisha @ Vanishas Life In...Australia
Hi Joyce, this is such an interesting post addressing an important issue. I keep a little mantra in my head that helps me – Today Is My Tomorrow. Definitely like you said about doing today…Glad to have found you via Rekita’s blog hop xoxox
Joyce Cortes Mackenroth
Thanks for reading this 🙂
This post was pretty helpful to read! One of the tricks I use to stop procrastinating is breaking up my goals into smaller bits so that it’s not so daunting to look at.
Btw thanks for joining the Blog Hop! Hope you’re having fun! 😀 Now following you back!
-Your Co-host, Lynn @ MakeupWithTea
Joyce Cortes Mackenroth
Thank you for reading this. I will follow back to you via Twitter, Lynn 🙂