Most newly Christian parents are awkward and figure out how to start parenting a child; however, they need to know about Christian parenting. They are preparing their child’s needs and set the goal in raising a child at home. Also they are responsible to teach their child to follow God with the Bible; they have to continue to train and raise a child well. Christian parents must stand courageously and do their bests to raise their child.
5 Bible Verses You Need To Know About Christian Parenting
- “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me” (Philippians 4:13, NKJV). Since you are a new Christian parent, you can raise your child as well as teach about God’s Word. You want your child to be more secure in who he or she is in the Christian family. Additionally, your child is who is in Jesus Christ. One important key to raising your child is to express your confidence in him or her to do the right thing and seek good wisdom through God’s Word.
- Truth came through Jesus Christ (John 1:17, NIV). As a Christian parent, you need to take responsibility to help your child understand that God provides us the truth in the person of Jesus Christ. Truth always requires a decision on our life, and one of the important things you can do for your child is to help him or her know what one believes and why one believes it. You need to encourage your child to stand on his or her conviction no matter what.
- Train up a child in the way he should go, Even when he is old he will not depart from it (Proverbs 22:6, KJV). You have to train your child , even though he or she grows old. When your child will be old, he or she will not leave from what you teach about God’s Word. Importantly, you have to put your trust in God, He can handle this with you and your child.
- And you, fathers, do not provoke your children to wrath, but bring them up in the training and admonition of the Lord (Ephesians 6:4, NKJV). You must not be angry or yell, otherwise your child would avoid you more. One important key to handling this situation with your child is to help understand how you train him or her in the right way.
- Only take heed to yourself, and diligently keep yourself, lest you forget the things your eyes have seen, and lest they depart from your heart all the days of your life. And teach them to your children and your grandchildren (Deuteronomy 4:9, NKJV). Since you are a Christian parent, you need to be careful and make sure that you do not forget things what you see. You have to continue to teach your child and grandchild always.
Keep praying together with your child. He or she will follow God while you remain to train well. Please share about Christian parenting with any person you may know.
iHeart Verse Link-Up Party #6
Here are the featured post from last week’s party
Responding to Abuse in a #Metoo Culture by Donna Reidland
If your post is being featured, please grab the featured image below and add it on your post (or the sidebar).
When is iHeart Verse link party?
iHeart Verse link party will open on every Friday at 8am (Pacific Time).
Who will participate this party?
YOU! You are welcome to participate, but the important thing you need to do is to link up Christian or Faith-Based post. LSD, Mormon, or other religious posts are not allowed, please.
What about the rules?
- Follow my social media: Facebook / Twitter / Pinterest
- Add only 1-2 Christian blog posts. No LSD, Mormon, or other religious posts are allowed.
- Do not allow to link up any sale posts from your blog or sale posts that direct to Etsy, Ebay, or Amazon –Please do post only blog posts.
- Please visit at least 2 blog posts. Share or comment via the blog posts. Make new friends and get to know each other. Saying “Hi” would not be harmful.
- Link back to the #iHeartVerseParty in your post, you never know if your post would probably turn to be the featured one. 🙂
And… I have “iHeart Verse Link Party” Pinterest Board below:
I’d love to see you adding my button to your sidebar! Please grab the button to help bring attention to this party. Feel free to add the button to your link party page, sidebar, or post!
Sign Up iHeart Verse Link Party
*Don’t miss the party, then let’s sign up for my iHeart Verse link party below to remind you via your email inbox*
Hi Joyce -a great choice of the 5 verses for parents.. A favorite in our house – Phil 4:13 – we often used it when the kids’ self talk was bad and they were using “I can’t” way too much . Thanks for the linkup today
Awesome! Another great one is “As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.” Truly emanating that you train your children up in the way to go. They will do as you do not always as you say. Great post!! Xoxo
Joyce Cortes Mackenroth
Joyce, these are great verses! It’s so important to keep God at the center of our parenting. Thanks so much for featuring my post from last week. Blessings!