Since I’ve been busy with my family this month, I read a few books at home while resting due to my doctor’s order. I admit that I have a high blood pressure two times. I mean, I had high blood pressure last month. Yesterday, I visited my doctor for follow up and found myself that I still have high blood pressure again. My doctor strongly encouraged me to take workout and eating more healthy foods. Additionally, she required me to come back and follow up with her for my blood pressure next month. Sighs, I have to figure out how to reduce my high blood pressure before coming back to see my doctor. Believe me or not, controlling my high blood pressure is not very simple. But I am confident that there are some ways to lower my blood pressure.
At home, I have to do something and – I’ve read 5 books that make me rest and peace.
1) Living Well Spending Less by Ruth Soukup. Of course, I love that book because I realized that I should not purchase things that were not needed at home. In fact, I am NOT shopaholic. My husband and I are now working on how to manage our personal finances, it is not beautifully easy to figure out how much budget we have now. This book has taught me to accept my responsibility to know and learn on how to eliminate things that are no longer needed and how to live enjoyable life with family time without being broke. My family and I continue to trust God, I believe that He can and will handle our financial issues.
2) Power Thoughts by Joyce Meyer. Many people admire Joyce Meyer’s ministry. Sometimes, I watch her show during the morning time. Have you watched her show before? You know, I read this book that helped me releasing my worry and stress off because Joyce said, “Trusting [God] allows to enter His rest, and rest is a place of peace where we are able to enjoy life while we are waiting for Him to solve problems.” That is true! In Peter 5:7, God cares for us; He will and can solve our problems and meets our needs. However, I have to stop worrying and starting enjoy my life with my family. In this book, all detailed information was incredible.
Advertisement – Continue Reading Below
3) Chicken Soup for the Soul: Devotion Stories for Women by Susan M. Heim and Karen Talcott. Amazing! I love reading Chicken Soup for the Soul series, they were my book collections! I have over 10 books of Chicken Soup for the Soul series. I really enjoy reading the devotion stories in each day, it makes me feeling peace and thinking good. In this book, they were Christian women and wrote many devoted stories with wonderful biblical verses in prayer.
4) Chicken Soup for the Soul: Think Positive by Jack Canfield, Mark Victor Hansen, and Amy Newmark. YEESSS! I was impressed that many inspirational stories were sometimes funny, peace, and – positive. In this book, I like a few stories that make me rest without getting more stress. Reading these stories in each day really help a lots, it is very easy to clear my mind and think positive.
5) My Personal Bible. True, I believe that this book makes me rest without feeling anxiety. God is very good to me and to you, too. In this Bible, it teaches us to feel confident in Him, He is very caring and peaceful person. I believe that He can and will help us to be rest and enjoy our life. He is always with us.
Do you have any good books that make you rest? Leave your thoughts in the comment section.
P.S. I’m linking up this post in some of these incredible parties.
Leave a Reply