Good to be back here from the Holidays! I had incredible time with my family and friends, except for Christmas Eve. I will tell you later what happened. I hope that you all had good holidays! In the meantime, I am writing my post here about 5 reasons why you need to wait patiently for God.
MY FRIEND’S STORY
My friend shared her experience with me about waiting patiently for God. One day, she went on hiking, and she found a special place. She saw the most beautiful white clouds over the forests in the mountains, and felt very close to God. He told her to stay a few minutes with Him because He wanted to spend more time with her for awhile.
Be still in the presence of the Lord,
and wait patiently for him to act.
Don’t worry about evil people who prosper
or fret about their wicked schemes. (Psalm 37:7a, NLT)
That verse helped her to take a break from her hectic lifestyle, and she gave all her worries and problems to God and let Him take control of her life.
5 Reasons Why You Need To Wait Patiently For God
- Spending time with God. You know that you want to take a break from your terrible situations at home or work, the only way is to spend time with God. He will help you dealing with your situations because He loves you.
- Talking with God. While you spend time with God, you can pray. He will listen what you need because He never leave you.
- Asking God what your will is. While you wait patiently for God’s will, He will show you what His will is for you because He knows already that He has His will for you. Keep eyes on God’s Will.
- Walking alone with God. Since you run away from your ugly problems with your spouse, family relatives, employee, or anyone, you can come to walk with God alone and express your inner feelings with Him. He will show you how to solve problems.
- Giving up your problems to God. People give you hard times because they depend on you too much with their problems. You can give up your problems to God, you do not want to be worried too much for your problems, right? God will take care of all them so you can rest and wait patiently for God to give you some peace.
And, we discover from the New Testament that Jesus went away to a mountain or lonely place so He could pray. Jesus knew that it was important to take a break from His work and spend time with God. You probably have a busy schedule planned for today. You may deal with your stressful situations throughout the day. Be sure to take time to pray. Wait patiently for God to give you peace and answers to your problems.
And in the morning, rising up a great while before day, he went out, and departed into a solitary place, and there prayed. (Mark 1:35, KJV)