Do you know why God fills us with the Holy Spirit? He wants us to understand and know our Holy Spirit. We, as Christians, must learn how to listen to our Holy Spirit. God has encouraged us to remain to walk in faith and trust our Holy Spirit. Indeed, we must let our Holy Spirit lead us down the right path. See below for the related Biblical verses.
If you love me, obey my commandments. And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Advocate, who will never leave you. He is the Holy Spirit, who leads into all truth. The world cannot receive him, because it isn’t looking for him and doesn’t recognize him. But you know him, because he lives with you now and later will be in you. No, I will not abandon you as orphans _ I will come to you. Soon the world will no longer see me, but you will see me. Since I live, you also will live. When I am raised to life again, you will know that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you. Those who accept my commandments and obey them are the ones who love. And because they love me, my Father will love them. And I will love them and reveal myself to each of them. ~ John 14:15-16 NLT
Let’s get to understand some reasons why God fills us with the Holy Spirit.
6 Reasons Why God Fills Us With The Holy Spirit
- The Holy Spirit is our counselor, the Holy Spirit is our comforter, the Holy Spirit is our helper. (Read an article here)
- The Holy Spirit is the power of God. (Read an article here)
- The Holy Spirit controls us. “But you are not controlled by your sinful nature. You are controlled by the Spirit if you have the Spirit of God living in you. (And remember that those who do not have the Spirit of Christ living in them do not belong to him at all.)” ~ Romans 8:9, NLT
- The Holy Spirit is a place of our inheritance. “And now you Gentiles have also heard the truth, the Good News that God saves you. And when you believed in Christ, he identified you as his own by giving you the Holy Spirit, whom he promised long ago. The Spirit is God’s guarantee that he will give us the inheritance he promised and that he has purchased us to be his own people. He did this so we would praise and glorify him.” ~ Ephesians 1:13-14, NLT
- The Holy Spirit is our teacher. “And when you are brought to trial in the synagogues and before rulers and authorities, don’t worry about how to defend yourself or what to say, for the Holy Spirit will teach you at that time what needs to be said.” ~ Luke 12:11-12, NLT
- The Holy Spirit grants power to all of us. “But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you. And you will be my witnesses, telling people about me everywhere-in Jerusalem, throughout Judea, in Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.” ~ Acts 1:8, NLT
IHEART LINK-UP PARTY #48
THE LAST TWO WEEK AGO’S FEATURED POST
Congratulations on the featured post: Serving Your Spouse With A Smile
By Angie | Keeping the tie that binds
If your post is being featured, please grab the featured image below and add it to your post (or the sidebar).
- Follow my social media: Facebook / Twitter / Pinterest ( It is not mandatory 🙂 )
- Add only 1-2 Christian blog posts. No LDS, Mormon, or other religious posts are allowed.
- Do not allow to link up any sale posts from your blog or sale posts that direct to Etsy, eBay, or Amazon –Please do post only blog posts.
- Please visit at least 2 blog posts. Share or comment via the blog posts. Make new friends and get to know each other. Saying “Hi” would not be harmful.
- Link back to the #iHeartVerseParty in your post, you never know if your post would probably turn to be the featured one. 🙂
And… I have “iHeart Verse Link Party” Pinterest Board below:
I’d love to see you adding my button to your sidebar! Please grab the button to help bring attention to this party. Feel free to add the button to your link party page, sidebar, or post!
*Don’t miss the party, then let’s sign up for my iHeart Verse link party below to remind you via your email inbox*
This post is linking to this link-up parties directory