Half of people at the church are regular attenders; other half of people at the church are members. People come to our church from all over town to watch the pastors preach about God’s Word. You know that honoring leaders in the church is not part of the “political issues”. Leaders in the church are dutifully preaching with God’s Word and are willing to help the others through Biblical counseling; they have some private meetings for the church business. So who are the real biblical leaders in the church? Women’s Ministry Leaders, Men’s Ministry Leaders, and other Ministries. More importantly, the pastors are honorably leading people in the church. Now I am talking about 7 bible verses about honoring leaders in the church.
7 Bible Verses About Honoring Leaders in the Church
- Let the elders who rule well be considered worthy of double honor, especially those who labor in preaching and teaching. (1 Timothy 5:17, ESV)
- Obey your leaders and submit to them, for they are keeping watch over your souls, as those who will have to give an account. Let them do this with joy and not with groaning, for that would be of no advantage to you. (Hebrews 13:17, ESV)
- Remember your leaders, those who spoke to you the word of God. Consider the outcome of their way of life, and imitate their faith. (Hebrews 13:7, ESV)
- Let the elders who rule well be considered worthy of double honor, especially those who labor in preaching and teaching. For the Scripture says, “You shall not muzzle an ox when it treads out the grain,” and, “The laborer deserves his wages.” Do not admit a charge against an elder except on the evidence of two or three witnesses. As for those who persist in sin, rebuke them in the presence of all, so that the rest may stand in fear. (1 Timothy 5:17-20, ESV)
- For if someone does not know how to manage his own household, how will he care for God’s church? (1 Timothy 3:5, ESV)
- So receive him in the Lord with all joy, and honor such men, (Philippians 2:29, ESV)
- Finally, brothers, pray for us, that the word of the Lord may speed ahead and be honored, as happened among you, (2 Thessalonians 3:1, ESV)
iHeart Verse Link-Up Party #9
Here are the featured posts from last week’s party
- Follow my social media: Facebook / Twitter / Pinterest
- Add only 1-2 Christian blog posts. No LSD, Mormon, or other religious posts are allowed.
- Do not allow to link up any sale posts from your blog or sale posts that direct to Etsy, Ebay, or Amazon –Please do post only blog posts.
- Please visit at least 2 blog posts. Share or comment via the blog posts. Make new friends and get to know each other. Saying “Hi” would not be harmful.
- Link back to the #iHeartVerseParty in your post, you never know if your post would probably turn to be the featured one. 🙂
And… I have “iHeart Verse Link Party” Pinterest Board below:
I’d love to see you adding my button to your sidebar! Please grab the button to help bring attention to this party. Feel free to add the button to your link party page, sidebar, or post!
Sign Up iHeart Verse Link Party Reminder
*Don’t miss the party, then let’s sign up for my iHeart Verse link party below to remind you via your email inbox*
Joyce, you and I are on the same track this week, honoring our leaders and appreciating the work that God does through them!
Great collection of verses. It’s always good to show appreciation and respect for those that work so tirelessly, many as volunteers!