I was extremely busy with my son and family for the last few weeks. In my family, one of my cousins lost her father due to his eye cancer at the same time, my son came home from US Marines Boot Camp. He graduated from MCRD (US Marines Recruit Depot), located in San Diego. Both kept me away from my blog here for awhile. Now, my son returned back to Camp Pendleton where he goes to School of Infantry for one month. It broke my heart to see him going away, but I have my faith in the Lord and He takes care of my son all the way. I am going to share 7 bible verses about honoring our military veterans. I know some of you are familiar with Veteran’s Day coming soon.
7 Bible Verses About Honoring Our Military Veterans
- This is my command—be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.” (Joshua 1:9, NLT)
- In peace I will lie down and sleep, for you alone, O Lord, will keep me safe. (Psalm 4:8, NLT)
- Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand. (Isaiah 41:10, NLT)
- For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. (Jeremiah 29: 11, NLT)
- Yet I still dare to hope when I remember this: The faithful love of the Lord never ends! His mercies never cease. Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each morning. I say to myself, “The Lord is my inheritance; therefore, I will hope in him!” The Lord is good to those who depend on him, to those who search for him. (Lamentations 3:21-25, NLT)
- We put our hope in the Lord. He is our help and our shield. In him our hearts rejoice, for we trust in his holy name. Let your unfailing love surround us, Lord, for our hope is in you alone. (Psalms 33:20-22, NLT)
- He sang: “The Lord is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety. He is my refuge, my savior, the one who saves me from violence. I called on the Lord, who is worthy of praise, and he saved me from my enemies. (2 Samuel 22: 2-4, NLT)
iHeart Verse Link-Up Party #12
If your post is being featured, please grab the featured image below and add it on your post (or the sidebar).
- Follow my social media: Facebook / Twitter / Pinterest
- Add only 1-2 Christian blog posts. No LSD, Mormon, or other religious posts are allowed.
- Do not allow to link up any sale posts from your blog or sale posts that direct to Etsy, Ebay, or Amazon –Please do post only blog posts.
- Please visit at least 2 blog posts. Share or comment via the blog posts. Make new friends and get to know each other. Saying “Hi” would not be harmful.
- Link back to the #iHeartVerseParty in your post, you never know if your post would probably turn to be the featured one. 🙂
With Veteran’s Day coming up, this is a timely reminder. Thank you!
Joyce Cortes Mackenroth
Karen Del Tatto
When my son-in-law was deployed in the Marines, I laminated a Scripture prayer that I had put together for him. I had one and he had one. He carried it in his pocket as a tangible reminder that He was prayed for and covered in Scripture. The Lord blessed those prayers because my son-in-law should have died when he stepped on a live IED, but it did NOT go off!!
Thanks so much for lifting up our veterans, those who lay down their lives for us.
Joyce Cortes Mackenroth
Wow… The Lord protects our Marines :-). I wrote my letters with each bible verse to my son when he was in boot camp, he loved it. Now, I text him a few times with bible verses since he’s in SOI. Hopefully, he will finish school next three weeks. Thanks for commenting 🙂
Joyce, thank you for the reminder that is it Veteran’s Day and for sharing verses about it as well. It is so important that we remember and honor our veterans for their service. Blessings and thanks for the Linkup too
Loved this post, and the scriptures you shared. I think the last one is definitely applicable to military. Thanks for sharing!
My son-in-law is in military – national guard now, but was active duty. He is now a prison guard, so I definitely feel these are scriptures I can definitely use when praying for him!
Joyce, it is so good to meet you and have you sharing on Fresh Market Friday Linkup! First, let me say your blog is beautiful, clean and peaceful:) And I love your call to honor veterans. They can often be forgotten in the midst of us living out our freedom here at home. Thanks for the reminder to make this a priority.
Amy @ The Quiet Homemaker
Thank you for this! Such lovely verses! I love you link up idea as well! 🙂
Thanks for linking up @LiveLifeWell!