Happy New year 2019! Some people try to figure out why faith without works is dead for a few personal reasons. For example, I asked my husband why he thinks that it is dead. He replied, “No faith in God without any works to show how powerful He is does not do Him justice.” Some people say that spirit without body is dead. Some people say that faith by their sights is sometimes needed; however, others are disagreed with that. All of us always battle with our flesh and spirit because we face tough situations many times, which is why we dealt with ourselves. But we give each other grace since we continue to learn from our own lives everyday through God’s Word. We need to stay hold firm to our confidence since it is the simple thing that drives us towards the things we seek after. The thing that keeps us pushing ahead, regardless of whether that our actions appear to be moderate and quiet.
Let’s see what the bible say about faith without works.
7 Bible Verses About Faith Without Works
- Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone. Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works. (James 2:17-18, KJV)
- For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also. (James 2:26, KJV)
- For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. (Ephesians 2:8-9, KJV)
- Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven. (Matthew 5:16, KJV)
- But without faith [it is] impossible to please [him]: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and [that] he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him. (Hebrews 11:6, KJV)
- Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law. (Romans 3:28, KJV)
- They profess that they know God; but in works they deny [him], being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate. (Titus 1:16, KJV)
Watch this video:
iHeart Verse Link-Up Party #17
The featured post from the party last two week ago
One recent post from her blog, Lauren Sparks:
Please read her article: Advent…In the Waiting
If your post is being featured, please grab the featured image below and add it on your post (or the sidebar).
When is iHeart Verse link party?
iHeart Verse link party will open on every Thursday at 8am (Pacific Time).
Who will participate this party?
YOU! You are welcome to participate, but the important thing you need to do is to link up Christian or Faith-Based post. LSD, Mormon, or other religious posts are not allowed, please.
What about the rules?
- Follow my social media: Facebook / Twitter / Pinterest ( It is not mandatory 🙂 )
- Add only 1-2 Christian blog posts. No LSD, Mormon, or other religious posts are allowed.
- Do not allow to link up any sale posts from your blog or sale posts that direct to Etsy, Ebay, or Amazon –Please do post only blog posts.
- Please visit at least 2 blog posts. Share or comment via the blog posts. Make new friends and get to know each other. Saying “Hi” would not be harmful.
- Link back to the #iHeartVerseParty in your post, you never know if your post would probably turn to be the featured one. 🙂
Sign Up iHeart Verse Link Party Reminder
*Don’t miss the party, then let’s sign up for my iHeart Verse link party below to remind you via your email inbox*
Faith without works is definitely a theme that shows up a lot in Scripture. Thanks for this collection of verses to ponder today.
Thank you so much for featuring me this week. I am so honored! laurensparks.net