Good news, I am back! I hope that you’ve come here to read my previous posts from time to time. I feel so inspired to write again. In the last month and a half, I just enjoyed taking my break from blogging because I really needed it. By the way, I am writing about 7 Bible Verses to stop lying. You have no idea what I’ve gone through in the past month.
A Short Story…
In the past month, my US Marine son’s girlfriend happened to be 17 years old. He dated her for almost one year and 4 months. Consequently, they have a 7 month-old baby girl. It means that I am a grandmother. Needless to mention that, they are not married. I am certain that God would want both to get married before His eyes. However, her parents are Catholics. My family and I are Christians. It sounds a bit awkward, right?
Last August 2019, I caught a few of my positive comments about my granddaughter on my son’s girlfriend’s photos that were deleted on social media. It looked like that she didn’t want me to say “Oh, beautiful” or “Lovely…” like something very positive. How strange! I told my son my share of concerns about his girlfriend. He told me that I lied. I was like — “What?!” I was shocked that she told him I was a liar. I am my Marine son’s mother! He and I always used to be very close and tell each other everything in the truth … but, now he believed her instead of me.
Confused. Betrayed. Disgusted.
Oh, well… I got it. My son is 20 years old and a Christian. His girlfriend is very young and she is Catholic. Normally, she is a teen Mom. She tells a different story, she keeps lying to my Marine son about me and my husband; we know that we had nothing wrong. In fact, we are innocent. We both would not understand why he turned against us for his girlfriend. Yes, it was very devastating and heartbreaking. Our precious Lord knows everything. I feel that He is sad to see this happen. Our Lord told me that I had nothing to do with this, yet He knows our humble hearts and great sufferings since my estranged son walked out on us for her. He is really doing this for HER.
Consequently, my husband and I decided to let him go and I gave the Lord my son so He could take care of him and his issues. I do not want to blame anyone but my eyes are 100% true witness clearly that proves she is lying to my son. Meanwhile, I believe that I am not allowed to judge. Only God can judge. I am sure that He is working on this situation. I trust Him whatever He can do. I have no idea when this situation may be solved later. It’s all on God.
Lying is a serious obstacle for many people, including Christians. In the Bible, “Thou shall not lie” is one of the ten commandments, yet Christians have the same problem with this commandment. Is that okay to lie to people or even our Lord? That’s why I am sharing here about 7 Bible Verses to stop lying.
7 Bible Verses To Stop Lying
- Do not steal. Do not deceive or cheat one another. (Leviticus 19:11, NLT)
- I hate and detest falsehood but I love your law. (Psalm 119:163, NLT)
- The LORD detests lying lips, but he delights in those who tell the truth. (Proverbs 12:22, NLT)
- The godly hate lies; the wicked cause shame and disgrace. (Proverbs 13:5, NLT)
- An honest witness does not lie; a false witness breathes lies. (Proverbs 14:5, NLT)
- Don’t use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them. (Ephesians 4:29, NLT)
- Do not lie to each other, since you have taken off your old self with its practices. (Colossians 3:9, NLT)
- 4 Reasons Why Judging People Is Not Kind
- 7 Bible Verses About Cleansing Your Heart
- 7 Bible Verses To Overcome Anxiety Attack
IHEART LINK-UP PARTY #37
If your post is being featured, please grab the featured image below and add it on your post (or the sidebar).
iHeart Verse link party will open on every Thursday at 8am (Pacific Time).
Who will participate in this party?
YOU! You are welcome to participate, but the important thing you need to do is to link up Christian or Faith-Based post. LSD, Mormon, or other religious posts are not allowed, please.
What about the rules?
- Follow my social media: Facebook / Twitter / Pinterest ( It is not mandatory 🙂 )
- Add only 1-2 Christian blog posts. No LSD, Mormon, or other religious posts are allowed.
- Do not allow to link up any sale posts from your blog or sale posts that direct to Etsy, Ebay, or Amazon –Please do post only blog posts.
- Please visit at least 2 blog posts. Share or comment via the blog posts. Make new friends and get to know each other. Saying “Hi” would not be harmful.
- Link back to the #iHeartVerseParty in your post, you never know if your post would probably turn to be the featured one. 🙂
And… I have “iHeart Verse Link Party” Pinterest Board below:
You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
*Don’t miss the party, then let’s sign up for my iHeart Verse link party below to remind you via your email inbox*
This post is linking to this link-up parties directory
Lauren Renee Sparks
I am so sorry for this hard situation. Saying a prayer for you and your family right now. laurensparks.net
Joyce Cortes Mackenroth
Thank you for visiting here 🙂
Joyce, it’s good to have you back, and I’m so sorry about the heartbreaking situation with your son. Trusting along with you for reconciliation and for the truth to prevail.
Joyce Cortes Mackenroth
I trust God, and He knows. Thank you for visiting here 🙂
This sounds like such a tender situation. And God is an expert at those. Thank you for the encouragement in Scripture. And also, thank you for giving us permission to hear your story and support your family in prayer!
Joyce Cortes Mackenroth
Thank you for your visit here. 🙂
I’m sorry for your situation but I think you are handling it the right way. Has anything changed?
I just stumbled on your blog while looking up some proverbs. It’s very nice 🙂
Oh and Catholics are Christians, though of course a different sort. That’s what the whole reformation was about although I’m sure you know that. Part of my family are Catholic and I don’t understand why they believe they have to give confession to a priest, and that only the Pope can speak to God. It’s nonsense.
Protestants come in lots of denominations too but at least they all agree in direct salvation through the acceptance of Jesus Christ. Have a great day.