Last Friday, I saw the horrific news about another school shooting in Southern California. I could not imagine how it felt for those students who went through that awful ordeal. The Lord allowed this to happen for some reason unknown to us. We all were devastated to see students from that high school going through such a painful and emotional trial; I am not able to describe how distraught I felt for them. God knows our hearts and suffering. All we have to do is to continue to pray for the students and their safety.
7 Prayers For Students and their Safety
- Pray for students who experience terrible nightmares from seeing their school shot up by a fellow student. Help them to feel rested at night when they sleep when only You can be there for them. In Jesus Name. Amen.
If you lie down, you will not be afraid; when you lie down, your sleep will be sweet. ~ Proverbs 3:24, ESV
- Pray for students who are afraid and weak since experiencing the school shooting. Help them not to be afraid of going back to school because they are with You. In Jesus Name. Amen.
for God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control. ~ 2 Timothy 1:7, ESV
- Pray for my son or daughter who needs peace and calm when You continue to be with him or her for their safety. In Jesus Name. Amen.
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid. ~ John 14:27, ESV
- Pray for students who attempt to overcome their fears of going back to school. Help them to find the strength to walk with You when they can come back to some sense of normality. In Jesus Name. Amen.
Little children, you are from God and have overcome them, for he who is in you is greater than he who is in the world. ~ 1 John 4:4, ESV
- Pray for students who feel they are in need of more safety at the school. Help them to know You are their protector always. In Jesus Name. Amen.
For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways. ~ Psalm 91:11, ESV
- Pray for students who need healing. Help them to heal from their painful emotions. In Jesus Name. Amen.
Be gracious to me, O Lord, for I am languishing; heal me, O Lord, for my bones are troubled. My soul also is greatly troubled. But you, O Lord—how long? Turn, O Lord, deliver my life; save me for the sake of your steadfast love. ~ Psalm 6:2-4, ESV
- Pray for students to stay focused on You. Help them to not lose their faith in You. In Jesus Name. Amen.
For we walk by faith, not by sight. ~ 2 Corinthians 5:7, ESV
- 7 Bible Verses To Increase Faith For Christian Teens
- 7 Bible Verses About Great Suffering
- 7 Bible Verses To Overcome Anxiety Attack
No Link-Up Party on Thanksgiving Day (Thursday, November 28/2019). The Link-Up Party will be released on Thursday, December 5/2019. Thank you!
IHEART LINK-UP PARTY #43
LAST WEEK’S THE FEATURED POST
Congratulations on the featured post: “The True Value and Worth of Others” by Rhonda | Faith Colored Lenses.
If your post is being featured, please grab the featured image below and add it to your post (or the sidebar).
- Follow my social media: Facebook / Twitter / Pinterest ( It is not mandatory 🙂 )
- Add only 1-2 Christian blog posts. No LDS, Mormon, or other religious posts are allowed.
- Do not allow to link up any sale posts from your blog or sale posts that direct to Etsy, eBay, or Amazon –Please do post only blog posts.
- Please visit at least 2 blog posts. Share or comment via the blog posts. Make new friends and get to know each other. Saying “Hi” would not be harmful.
- Link back to the #iHeartVerseParty in your post, you never know if your post would probably turn to be the featured one. 🙂
And… I have “iHeart Verse Link Party” Pinterest Board below:
You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
*Don’t miss the party, then let’s sign up for my iHeart Verse link party below to remind you via your email inbox*
This post is linking to this link-up parties directory
Rhonda - The Kitty Cat Enthusiast
The world quickly seems to be getting darker and darker by the second. High school seems like such a long time ago for me and I can’t imagine being a child or teenager growing up in today’s world. But as the darkness grows ever darker, the Light of Christ in each believer will surely shine brighter!
I pray for peace for each and every student… that they would become strong in the Lord and live boldly for him each day. That fear would not overtake them because they KNOW the Lord and that He is their protector and is always with them. I pray this in Jesus name.
And thank you so very much for featuring my blog post from last week! I had another post for that particular blog planned for this week but I didn’t get a chance to finish it just yet. But I did post my “Thankful Thursday’s” post for my other blog (bobtailkitty.com) in the Linkup.
Unimaginable tragedy, really. Thanks for pausing to guide us in our thinking and in our prayers.
Praying is such an important piece of this very complex puzzle in our world. Thank you for guiding us in this!
This is great Joyce! Thanks for posting. These are terrible times we live in! Prayer is our best weapon.
Pinned & tweeted.
Thanks for hosting this link-up and for linking up at InstaEncouragements!
Awesome prayer ideas! Very much needed!
Lauren Renee Sparks
So helpful. Thank you. laurensparks.net