Every day, I have been watching the local news, and I see something about a child missing (or being kidnapped). It breaks my heart to see any parent who is to see their child disappear; it’s a very terrible and scary feeling. For some reason, the Lord lets this happen. As Paul wrote in Romans 8:28, “And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them.” While we could never begin to understand the method to the madness, there is peace in knowing He is sovereign and has it all under control. I am giving you some prayer scriptures that may be helpful for your child’s safety. Come join me to share some beautiful praying scriptures about child safety.
7 Praying Scriptures About Child Safety
- Strength. Pray for our beautiful child who needs the strength to feel safe with You. “For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength.” – Philippians 4:13 NLT
- Protection. Pray that You keep them safe in a big dangerous world that You will protect them away from any evil harness and wickedness. “Those who live in the shelter of the Most High will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty. This I declare about the Lord: He alone is my refuge, my place of safety; he is my God, and I trust him.” – Psalm 91:1-2 NLT
- Truth. Pray that You can help them look for the truth – to stand up for what is right and to defend the weak. “And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” – John 8:32 NLT
- Kindness. Pray that they will show kindness on those in need and who have less than they do. “Instead, be kind to each other, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, just as God through Christ has forgiven you.” – Ephesians 4:32 NLT
- Love. Pray that our child always carries inside the love of Yours that they will know how deeply they are loved, and that love will flourish onto others. “Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.” – 1 Corinthians 13 4-7 NLT
- Confidence. Pray that our children are confided in You with Your protection. “Those who fear the Lord are secure; he will be a refuge for their children.” – Proverbs 14:26 NLT
- Promise. Pray that You promise to keep our children out of the troubles. “What’s more, I am with you, and I will protect you wherever you go. One day I will bring you back to this land. I will not leave you until I have finished giving you everything I have promised you.” – Genesis 28:15 NLT
- 5 Prayers that help you feel safe with the Lord
- 7 Bible Verses To Increase Faith For Christian Teens
IHEART LINK-UP PARTY #41
LAST WEEK’S THE FEATURED POST
Congratulations on the featured post: “Love and Peace” by Rebecca Jones.
If your post is being featured, please grab the featured image below and add it to your post (or the sidebar).
- Follow my social media: Facebook / Twitter / Pinterest ( It is not mandatory 🙂 )
- Add only 1-2 Christian blog posts. No LSD, Mormon, or other religious posts are allowed.
- Do not allow to link up any sale posts from your blog or sale posts that direct to Etsy, eBay, or Amazon –Please do post only blog posts.
- Please visit at least 2 blog posts. Share or comment via the blog posts. Make new friends and get to know each other. Saying “Hi” would not be harmful.
- Link back to the #iHeartVerseParty in your post, you never know if your post would probably turn to be the featured one. 🙂
And… I have “iHeart Verse Link Party” Pinterest Board below:
You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
*Don’t miss the party, then let’s sign up for my iHeart Verse link party below to remind you via your email inbox*
This post is linking to this link-up parties directory
Great things to pray over my children. laurensparks.net
Thank you so much for these prayers. Worrying about our children in today’s world is a nonstop battle. I know that our children belong to God and he wants the best for them, but it is a scary world.
Even our grown up children need our prayers for safety, and from them we learn how completely dependent we are upon God’s goodness and providence.
Thank you for sharing these scriptures! It’s so easy to worry about our kids. Praying for them in Truth is the best way to shift my fear and worry to faith and trust.
Another lovely post, Joyce! Great for the Halloween season— any season actually.
Pinned & tweeted.
Thanks for linking up at InstaEncouragements!