My husband has two jobs. When He arrives home, he is tired, and he needs something to clear his stress from his two jobs. Before my husband arrives home, I make dinner for him a little early as I know that he’s always hungry. While he is at home, I advise him to go sleep early and he gets up at 5am from every Monday thru Friday. Sometimes he has to work during the weekends. But he likes to read his facebook and catch up the news before sleeping. Everyone is always stressed, nobody is perfect. Clearing your stressful mind is relieving yourself of your negative thoughts, it easily erases off your conscience. Have you found some ways to rest and meditate your mind? Have you been hiking alone or with some friends?
8 Easy Ways To Clear Your Stressful Mind
- Taking a warm bath. I advise that you may want to lie into the bathtub with lavender bath soak, it helps you resting more. Be careful with the drowning issues. My husband almost drowned while sleeping in the bath tub. Don’t take anything that can make you sleepy or drowsy before taking a bath.
- Reading a book. Some people read the books or magazines, they rest and mediate their minds while reading. I’d sometimes read the devotion bible while resting.
- Going out with a friend or relative. It is very important that you seek a peaceful friend or family member to go out with you. I’d prefer to be with a friend who is a good listener or has good vibes. I do not want to be with some friends who are gossiping or talking negatively.
- Running / Hiking / Biking. These adventures should be incredibly fun! They help you to clear off your stressful mind.
- Taking yoga class. Some people say that yoga class educates them to practice mediating their stressful minds. To me, I have not tried yoga class yet but I take yoga courses thru the DVDs at home.
- Walking with your dog. Walking with your dog helps you to feel light and clear off your stressful mind. Playing with your dog really helps to erase off your stressful mind, too.
- Going to a massage place. Some people say that massaging really erase off their stressful minds. To me, I never go to massage place. My husband is good at massaging.
- Do your own crafts like art, music, and other options alone. You can create your own crafts or paint anything you want alone, it really helps you clear off your stressful mind. To me, I enjoy being alone at home and blogging without interruption.
And you can create whatever that helps you to clear your stressful mind. Take a breath and think what you want to do with erasing your stressful thoughts.
Little B & Me
What a lovely post, our lives are far too stress filled these days.
It’s great to remind people how to destress
That last one is so, so important! It does wonders for you!
I tend to go out jogging if I am stressed or feeling that walls are falling down. If I just want some peace and quiet after spending whole day with kids, I go to the forest for a walk, listen to birds and smell all scents. I need alone time to get my batteries reloaded 🙂 I really liked this post!
Emma | Creative Explorations
Great tips! I think reading a book or doing a craft are the best ways for me personally to clear my mind…and journaling is really helpful for destressing as well.
Emma | http://www.creativexplorations.com
Sheri Ann Richerson
Thank you for this great post. My husband recently changed from second shift to first shift and I see how stressed he is when he gets home. I too make supper for him while he rests on the couch. For me, warm baths and crafts are my way of distressing.
This may be just what I need right now. I couldnt sleep well because my mind wont make silence…thanks for these amazing tips
I definitely need to start doing some of these! Great tips!
I do read a lot.If not I do sing or clean the house(while singing).Stress is bad thing and we need to focus our mind away that triggers us to feel lonely.
Yoga is my biggest stress relief. I LOVE it. Great post.
Dia All The Things I Do
I had a 2 hour massage Saturday and kept having to tell myself to stop thinking about my to do list. Writing to do lists and plans helps me destress so does working out or shutting my laptop and watching a funny show. Good tips/
When I am stressed I will go for a walk or clean. Writing things down also helps
Great suggestions! I’m huge on “me” time and get in a funk if I don’t have enough. I’m gearing up for a six-week trip by myself but I definitely intend on curling up on the beach with a great book. Thanks for sharing.
I read or take a walk.With such hectic schedules,it is very important to relax for sure.
Really great tips! A big stress reliever for me is cleaning/organizing. Thanks for sharing your tips.
– Elise | http://www.prettyandfun.com
Taking a warm bath and petting the dog are two of my favorite activities that help me deal with stress.
Reading books also worked for me once… but guess what! I started getting stressed up or sad about characters in the book. It become too much! So, I stick to just two activities these days for stress relief.
I’m a shower girl, myself, but I do like a nice quiet walk for clearing my mind. Thanks for giving some thought to all these de-stressers.
Heidi ~ morethan3wishes.com
Reading always relaxes me. I enjoy fiction because I can get “lost” in the story-line and be transported away from my own stresses. Thanks for sharing this useful list!
Michelle Gwynn Jones
Walking the dog is so relaxing. And I never answer the phone when I walk him – turn off the ringer and only bring it with me for emergency.
Wow two jobs that’s hectic.
I love that you promote reading books here.
Great points to relax
Massages are the best
Great ideas especially the warm bath part.
These are great tips! I love to take my dog for a walk to relax. It always helps 🙂
Renee @ The Good Hearted Woman
I paint, or draw or write a song – anything that will focus my over-active mind.
Stress can get the best of us so it’s good to stay away from it, if you can’t then this list will definitely help. I love giving myself space to breathe when I encounter stress. I works wonders for me.
Heather with WELLFITandFED
Always a good reminder! Thanks for sharing. I will be thinking about these today!
A warm bath is very effective to release the toxic in my mind. It keeps me relaxed and refreshed.
I hate it when I am stressed. Thanks for these ideas, I am going to try a hot shower, hope it soothes me.
I like to have a Yoga class, I am skeptical about it but now I am going to try it. Once in a while, I get stressed too.
Music, reading always help me to relieve my mind. All are great tips.
These are great ways to not only clear your mind but help you relax after a hard day. I find music helps to relax me and keep me calm.
I like to run or listen to music! this way I can focus on other things
Karlaroundtheworld | Karla
No one’s really going to go negative with thee invaluable tips. We encounter stress everyday especially for workers of any kind and type, these posts should actually be pinned on boards and office walls. One of my friends owns a company and he always suggests/requires music playing everywhere inside the building.
Agnes Dela Cruz
I will follow this steps and I know it will be beneficial for me since I was in so much stress this past few weeks, from moving to a new place etc.
I totally agree with baths! They relax me so much but I can’t have them in the summer, it’s way too hot in my house!
My siblings need to read this badly! They don’t know how to relax at all!
Reading and doing crafts do make me relax. Those are great suggestions!
Lovely post. Our lives are full of stress. Great suggestions! Thanks!
great post. i really need this since im stressed a lot <3
I definitely need to take a minute and de-stress. Great ideas to get me started!
All great ideas. I used to do yoga. It’s amazing how your mind just goes blank when you are focusing on your breathing.
We all get stress on a different level and different situations. Those are really great tips to clear a stressful mind.
I enjoy doing many of the activities you’ve listed above. I find the problem for me is having any time to do any of them! With two little children to keep up with, I’m usually lucky if I have 5 minutes to myself.
My favorites are #6 & #7. Thanks for sharing I badly need these.
The Southern Thing
These are great tips that will definitely come in handy!