One day, my husband and I went to our church and listened to our wonderful pastor. When the service finished, I saw two young adults sitting together flirting. I came to say hi and introduce myself to one of the young adults. I felt that two of them seemed to date, so I told him that both of them looked so cute together and that I encouraged them to go out together on a date. He was shocked, asking me how I knew about them both already being on dates a few times. In fact, I am not psychic. I believe that my gut feeling seemed to tell me something about both of them. So he asked me if it is okay to date 19 year old girl even though he is now 24 years old or not. He asked me a few questions about Christian dating. I answered his questions, as they were not very hard.
5 Things You Should Know About Christian Dating
- Look for a person who grows in his/her faith. You do not have to look after “Godly” person or “perfect” Christian. Remember that, God always loves all people, even though they are sinners. But, you have to question yourself with God about your dating with one. Do not assume that you go ahead to date only members or attenders from the church. It does not help at all. I advise that you seek for a person who is very serious to be spiritually motivated and grows in his/her faith and have a good relationship with God. Remind yourself of that no one is perfect.
- Do not make this so quick to get hitched. The fact is that some Christians get too quickly to be married within a few days when they only know each other a little bit. Luckily, they are reasoning with God’s Will. I cannot able to judge others, but I am very happy that some Christians are spiritually called to get hitched when God gives them His blessings. On the other hand, some Christians are sensitive to get checklist of one’s qualities and character, I think that checking the list of character and qualities does not work at all. Importantly, you may need to evaluate how you feel with one you date and ask yourself and God about your dating relationship with a person.
- Beware of Social Media. Some Christians think it is okay to date thru online; they risk to use social medias such Facebook, Snap Chat, or Instagram, starting virtual dating relationships. In real-life story, my friend did try a few times with Christian Dating Online. She found that so many, many false Christians created their profiles with false photos; they are not true Christians. So she quit and found someone else in person from her church. I encourage that you may need to think again and keep your interactions in your social media wisely. Avoid flirting or joking with each other through social media. Ask God to help you control your temptation over social media.
- Stay open-minded and build friendship first. Some Christians start to get to know each others basically and build a true friendship before moving on to the level to the dating relationships. Some Christians want to take slow things, that’s okay. Sharing common faith, interests, and others would be awesome! Physical attraction is not necessary, God creates man and woman together, no matter how they both look like. Seeking moral values, common faith, and shared interests would probably be the best chance.
- Avoid sexual temptation. Some Christians have sexual purity issues due to that their emotional temptations. In the Song of Solomon 1:16-17, the two people have to avoid touching each other physically to abstain from all temptation in order to keep themselves out of a risky situation:
You are so handsome, my love,
pleasing beyond words!
The soft grass is our bed;
fragrant cedar branches are the beams of our house,
and pleasant smelling firs are the rafters.
Song of Solomon 1:16-17
Staying sexually pure during dating is very challenging If you feel sexually tempted during dating, you’d better stop and tell one that you need to leave for some reasons. You don’t have to tell her/him why you need to go. You can tell him/her that you want to give a call or text.
Now you know 5 things about Christian dating. Maybe you have some friends or family relatives who is now dating, please feel free to share this article.
- 5 Bible Study Books for Young Christian Women
- 7 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Loves You
- 7 Verses To Celebrate New Life With Jesus Christ
- 10 Bible Study Books Christian Women Should Study In 2022
- 7 Verses To Eliminate Your Inner Guiltiness
iHeart Verse Link-Up Party #7
If your post is being featured, please grab the featured image below and add it on your post (or the sidebar).
When is iHeart Verse link party?
iHeart Verse link party will open on every Thursday at 8am (Pacific Time).
Who will participate this party?
YOU! You are welcome to participate, but the important thing you need to do is to link up Christian or Faith-Based post. LSD, Mormon, or other religious posts are not allowed, please.
What about the rules?
- Follow my social media: Facebook / Twitter / Pinterest
- Add only 1-2 Christian blog posts. No LSD, Mormon, or other religious posts are allowed.
- Do not allow to link up any sale posts from your blog or sale posts that direct to Etsy, Ebay, or Amazon –Please do post only blog posts.
- Please visit at least 2 blog posts. Share or comment via the blog posts. Make new friends and get to know each other. Saying “Hi” would not be harmful.
- Link back to the #iHeartVerseParty in your post, you never know if your post would probably turn to be the featured one. 🙂
And… I have “iHeart Verse Link Party” Pinterest Board below:
I’d love to see you adding my button to your sidebar! Please grab the button to help bring attention to this party. Feel free to add the button to your link party page, sidebar, or post!
Sign Up iHeart Verse Link Party Reminder
*Don’t miss the party, then let’s sign up for my iHeart Verse link party below to remind you via your email inbox*
How great that you knew! Good advice, too!