Loving money does not lead happiness for everyone, did you know that? The bible has so many verses about money, wealth, debt, and finances so that we as Christians can apply them to our personal finances spiritually. I was not able to collect more than 100 bible verses about loving money, but a few important verses may help you to be free from loving money.
7 Bible Verses To Be Free From Loving Money
- Whoever loves money never has enough; whoever loves wealth is never satisfied with their income. This too is meaningless. (Ecclesiastes 5:10, NIV)
- People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, (2 Timothy 3:2, NIV)
- For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs. (1 Timothy 6:10, NIV)
- The Pharisees, who loved money, heard all this and were sneering at Jesus. (Luke 16:14, NIV)
- They have left the straight way and wandered off to follow the way of Balaam son of Bezer,[a] who loved the wages of wickedness. (2 Peter 2:15, NIV)
- Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.” (Hebrews 13:5, NIV)
- not given to drunkenness, not violent but gentle, not quarrelsome, not a lover of money. (1 Timothy 3:3, NIV)
iHeart Verse Link-Up Party #8
If your post is being featured, please grab the featured image below and add it on your post (or the sidebar).
When is iHeart Verse link party?
iHeart Verse link party will open on every Thursday at 8am (Pacific Time).
Who will participate this party?
YOU! You are welcome to participate, but the important thing you need to do is to link up Christian or Faith-Based post. LSD, Mormon, or other religious posts are not allowed, please.
What about the rules?
- Follow my social media: Facebook / Twitter / Pinterest
- Add only 1-2 Christian blog posts. No LSD, Mormon, or other religious posts are allowed.
- Do not allow to link up any sale posts from your blog or sale posts that direct to Etsy, Ebay, or Amazon –Please do post only blog posts.
- Please visit at least 2 blog posts. Share or comment via the blog posts. Make new friends and get to know each other. Saying “Hi” would not be harmful.
- Link back to the #iHeartVerseParty in your post, you never know if your post would probably turn to be the featured one. 🙂
And… I have “iHeart Verse Link Party” Pinterest Board below:
I’d love to see you adding my button to your sidebar! Please grab the button to help bring attention to this party. Feel free to add the button to your link party page, sidebar, or post!
Sign Up iHeart Verse Link Party Reminder
*Don’t miss the party, then let’s sign up for my iHeart Verse link party below to remind you via your email inbox*
It’s interesting to me that not being a lover of money is put into the same category as some of the other things listed in 1 Timothy 3:3. The love of money is the root of all kinds of evil—a necessary reminder for sure, I think especially in our western society it’s so easy to fall into this particular sin. Thank you for this simple, necessary post.
A good reminder for us all as we tend to place money and the things it buys above people and above God. Gathering Scriptures that remind me of where God wants me is important. Thank you. I love it that I came to visit you from another linkup and you have one too. I will add you to my blog. Thanks.
Joyce – great verses to help us keep money in it’s proper place in our lives. Thanks for the linkup today too 🙂