I want to say something in my blog here. I really dislike how snobby people behave when I first approach them nicely. I do not know why people are richly sophisticated and snobby. I have to deal with some people who act like they think they are rich or popular. It can be CEO, your unfriendly neighbor, or anyone! Let me tell you a little story…
In two years ago, my husband and I cleaned some junk things out and left them on the street where the garage truck were supposed to pick up. Instead of that, my neighbors turned out to be selfish and grabbed our junks away in my husband’s trailer. He was upset that our neighbors were too snobby and they thought that they were better than us. My husband and I are just open-minded and kindred spiritual people. One day, one of the neighbors knocked on our front door, she yelled at my husband about leaving two trashes off nearby the fire hydrant. My husband was mad, because she woke him up loudly by the “banging” noises on our front door. He yelled out at her, then the neighbor called the sheriff and they came to speak with my husband. He explained everything to them calmly, he managed to discuss his concerns about the junks throwing away and the two silly trashes. We had a copy of the letter which our lawyer warned our neighbors to stay away from us, he showed it to them. The sheriffs read the letter about the neighborhood harassment. He also knew his rights and the constitution, and explained he had warned them to leave us alone. They understood why and they advised us to ignore them. One of the sheriffs came to explain this to one neighbor, she looked so upset. The sheriff told her that they could have nothing to do with two silly trashes nearby the hydrant, they could not give my husband the ticket for the silly reason. We both agreed to give them some mercy silently because nobody liked her.
I am writing here to help you seeking 6 positive ways to deal with snobby people before you lose your temper.
6 Positive Ways To Deal With Snobby People
- Do not spend time with snobby people. Don’t let these snobby people get into your life, because they can easily waste your time to hear anything or gossip negatively.
- Do not take it personally. Some people intend to try to take some personal issues with you, they might want to control you. You have to stand up and straight with them, tell them without being angry – “Don’t take it personally.” with your smile face.
- Show your great spirit. Some people are sometimes negative, you try to show your incredible spirit so they will realize how great you are. If they act like that, do not remain friends with them.
- Build your own confidence. Some people can be insecure sometimes, but they do not see how they act by themselves. Importantly, you show your better character and have an amazing attitude. Some people will be impressed that you create your better trust in yourself and that you know what you are doing your best.
- Silently give a mercy. Some people can be “empty-glass” like they are invisible sometimes, nobody see them. You would be likely to feel sorry for them, they end up having nothing better in their lives. Giving some mercy for them quietly would be great reward.
- Never let these people do the “manipulate” things in your life. Some snobby people are trying to be better people than you, they sometimes manipulate you. Do not think that you are better than them. Just let them go and walk away from them, seek incredible, loyal people with positive attitude.
Have you found any positive ways to deal with snobby people? How can you manage that? I’d love to hear any suggestions (or experiences) from you.
Great tips. It is so hard sometimes to be positive around mean and snobby people. Their negative energy always tends to rub off and then there is this huge fight/argument that follows. I always try to be the bigger person in these types of situations. I always try to remember that they are just words and they can’t hurt me! Great post
oh I am surrounded by snobby mothers so these tips will surely help me
Robin Rue (@massholemommy)
I grew up in a very snobby town. I try not to be snobby, but sometimes it just comes out.
I don’t even give people like that this much energy. I flat out ignore them.
Ana De- Jesus
I try to not take things personally but sometimes when people are looking down on me I do get defensive !
I kill the snobs with kindness. If that does not work then I ignore them
Agnes Dela Cruz
I don’t give much attention to snobby people around me. I live by my ways and my ways will always stand out in decisions.
I am normally a smiley person, that’s why I don’t like snobby people. The moment you give them a smile they would look at you like you’re disgusting, it’s disheartening. I love the tips, it’s important to never take it personally.
Patrice M Foster
I don’t hang out with Snobby people. These are great tips how to deal with them and I like don’t take snobby people personally so true. It’s their issues being mean is not cool!
I think I’m a snobby person on the inside. I don’t ever voice my opinions to people’s faces but I do secretly correct everyone’s grammar and spelling in my head.
I an no spring chicken – I live ijn an area where many have a lot…if they ever were rude – I would be done with them
These are all great suggestions. Unfortunately, we all have to deal with snobby people one time or another. I try not to take them so personally and don’t let them ruin my day!
Great tips! I avoid snobby people as much as I possibly can.
Very good tips! I’m staying away from snobby people as much as possible, but your article will come in handy when I’m forced to spend some time with them.
I really smiled when you say about “Silently give mercy to them”, as if you really hate that person. Though I totally agree with you here, its better leave them, there’s no point of hanging out with this kind of people, just go on and lets have our own happy life. If they snob then snob them too.
Kathy Kenny Ngo
Yeah I would totally say just stay away from them. Its not your loss after all.
This was my problem before and good thing I was able to cope with it and now I can handle these type of people.
Nice list you got here! Awesome tips.
It’s such a shame, there’s only so much you can do. If they don’t like you, then you don’t need them. It’s just a shame they’ll miss out on what you have to offer! Great post!
There are some snobby people in every area of my life. I’ve learned to kill them with kindness and sometimes that works and sometimes they provoke me to be the snobby one :).
I tend to avoid people like that. They’re not worth my energy or emotion!
Doran @ Haute Beauty Guide
I find that grace and mercy go a long way when dealing with difficult people. Thanks for the reminder!
I stay away from them. Life is too short not to enjoy, have fun than dealing with snobby people. Their loss not mine.
They are everywhere so the sooner we learn to deal with them the happier we will be
I think the best thing to do is do not spend time with snobby people. That way you are safe of having bad times