Since almost 6 years of my marriage, my husband and I sometimes battle with each other over stupid small things. It does not mean that we hate each other. We truly love each other as husband and wife, we are not so perfect couples. We make our marriage work with God’s help. All married couples always have problems; however, they love each other, right? The main question is that – have you asked God for His help to make your marriage work?
6 Ways To Make Your Marriage Work With God’s Help
- Praying together. My husband and I pray for our marriage to stay strong, we both want it to be healthy. Through our praying, God listens what we need in our marriage. He would reward us if we ask Him in His name. Praying is the most important key to make your marriage work, God is glad to help you going through this. In the Bible, So we have not stopped praying for you since we first heard about you. We ask God to give you complete knowledge of his will and to give you spiritual wisdom and understanding. (Colossians 1:9, NLT).
- Reading the Bible together. Most married couples have no time to read the bible together; still it is inexcusable. While reading the bible, God is motivating the married couples to look up to Him lightly. Without reading the bible, you both may become too dried for your souls. Reading the bible together help make your marriage work even though God is with you both.
- Asking in the name of Jesus. Have you both asked anything in the name of Jesus? You should do this more often in your prayer because Jesus would be glad to help you two together while making your marriage work. In the Bible, At that time you won’t need to ask me for anything. I tell you the truth, you will ask the Father directly, and he will grant your request because you use my name. You haven’t done this before. Ask, using my name, and you will receive, and you will have abundant joy. (John 16:23-24, NLT).
- Emotional intimacy in your marriage. Godly relationships that fail emotional intimacy are often described by a lack of trust, poor communication, personal privacy and hidden feelings. But, God is here to help you improving your emotional intimacy in your Godly marriage. Sharing feelings and opening communication are very important keys to make your marriage work. In the Bible, In the same way, husbands ought to love their wives as they love their own bodies. For a man who loves his wife actually shows love for himself. (Ephesians 5:28, NLT).
- Seeking God’s Strength. Sometimes, married couples are worn out when they attempt to solve some problems in their marriage. God is glad to help you two work this out when you seek for His strength. In the Bible, Search for the Lord and for his strength; continually seek him. (Psalm 105:4, NLT).
- Enabling God’s Grace. Some married couples feel like they give up to make their marriage work, but there are something they can do to make it work through God’s Grace. Some are too proud; however, God dislikes how they are too proud. He wants to give you His Grace when you two are supposedly humble once you make your marriage work. In the Bible, “But He gives a greater grace Therefore it says, ‘GOD IS OPPOSED TO THE PROUD, BUT GIVES GRACE TO THE HUMBLE.'” (James 4:6, NLT).