I have seen so many people who have friendship crisis, I do not have any ideas what happen to them. But, I have been there before. A lot of people notice some warning signs of a bad friendship, they are good to know how to avoid the troubles from other friends. Have you found yourself in bad friendship before?
I had one of the worst experiences in my whole life when I was in High School. I learned my lesson I should not be in bad friendship. As a freshman young innocent student, I found wonderful friends in the same grade. My friend and I became best friends, we talked about our common interests and goals. It was so fun to talk about boys, we started to flirt with boys.
One day, some students in my class approached me, they needed my help with homework. I did not mind at all, so I helped them with studying for quizzes and homework. My best friend warned me about some students and their troubles so I had no idea what was going on with them. However, some students I helped with homework started to get my attention, and we developed our friendship, which was great. A few days later, I found that my friends do drugs. Whoo.. What?! I saw my friends taking cocaine!! That was so sick, I was very disgusted with my friends, they were only 15 years old, so young. I left them quickly without saying a word. I refused to help them with homework again.
Today, I am writing about 5 warning signs you’re in bad friendship. It’s a good idea to share this with your teen early before entering into High School. Now you are an adult, you are smart enough to find any warning signs of bad friendship because you may have what you felt was the worst experience in the past when you were in bad friendship so you learned your lesson.
5 Warning Signs You’re In Bad Friendship
- Drugs. I am sure you know how to say no to drugs. Saying no is very easy, do not be afraid to say no. If anyone tries to pressure you into drugs, just simply walk away without arguing or fighting.
- Gambling. I hear some people are addicted to gambling since they have friended with other gambling people. Sometimes, gambling is a dangerous activity some people get involved as a result of getting into a bad debt with gangs or a private company. If anyone encourages you to gamble with a private company or gangs, just simply say no. If saying no does not work, you can be firm and walk away. Eliminate the negativity from your life.
- Swing Party. I am certain you may know what I mean about participating in a swing party. I hear some people enjoy partying in swing group; that is very risky and sick. Consequently, some people get HIV, an STD, or any diseases from sex with multiple people in swing parties. Just avoid them, because you care about your body and health first.
- Rival Gangs. Additionally, I see some people are in the rival gangs. Furthermore, there are different kinds of “blood” or “crip” rival gangs such as “Red”, “Blue”, “Purple”, and other color gangs from different races or regions. There are also MS13 and other motorcycle clubs like the Banditos or Hells Angels. They are seriously dangerous people whom you should not be with. Just stay away from gangs. They are not your problem; they have their problem. Just avoid gangs and find good friends.
- Other bad habits. Another red flag: you know what bad habits look like. Also, you might see your friends have a stealing habit, gossip habit, abusive habit, drinking habit, or other bad habits. So, if anyone encourages you to do other bad habits, do not take it personally, however just think about what you are doing with your life. Alternatively speaking, do not do anything wrong.
Consequently, you know now how to find some warning signs when you are in a bad friendship. Finally, stay well and be safe.
Definitely huge red flags. These red flags can ruin the rest of your life if someone chooses to participate in these activities. Very sad for those caught up in this behavior.
These certainly are bad friends in the extreme. But even more subtle are the bad friends who manipulate you into doing what they want and isolate you from other groups.
Yeah, these are definitely things to look out for when picking friend groups.
Totally agree with this post, this are mayor signs that can make you realise you need to walk away
Wow! These would be horrible friendships 🙁 Drugs are such a relationship killer. I have had several friendships that went south quickly when drugs were involved.
Kyla Matton Osborne (#RubyWriter)
It’s sad that kids so young are getting into such bad habits. I’m very happy that where we live, very little of that kind of stuff happens with the high school crowd.
It is so important to surround ourselves with people that are motivated and supportive and that have the same morals and values. It really does influence us.
Kids these days are very eager to learn more about the world and that includes the bad sides as well. It’s definitely great that you were able to distance yourself from these people and I appreciate this list that you have here.
Michelle Gwynn Jones
These are all big warning signs, there are so many little ones to look out for too.
We have to avoid people like that. They can ruin our life if we let them
I love this advice! It’s important to picky when it comes to find a friends.
Those are some huge red flags! I think there can also be small red flags that indicate a bad friendship as well… If you are constantly leaving being with a friend not feeling good about yourself… that is a sign you also have a bad friend!
Stefan - The Millennial Budget
Growing up my mom always told me surround myself with people who will be successful. I had two friends in rival gangs and their lives are completely destroyed. It can be hard with peer pressure when you are young and trying to find yourself but distance is needed!
Great red flags mentioned, nicely condensed.
I recently helped one of my best friends through a drug phase, it was probably the most taxing thing i’ve ever done for a friend but he made it through and he’s sober going on a year now. I’m very proud of him and as bad as it was, it only served to strengthen our friendship. I can understand your disgust though, that was really a young age for them to be doing that/
These are definitely huge and scary signs. Other signs might also not be as visible.
When you are in your teens and pre-teens it is so easy to get into bad company, the age is such a vulnerable one. Being aware of the signals would help in ensuring that the person does not get carried away and retains their balance.
Good advice, and ones I give to my teen. It’s hard to shake off a friendship at her age once you’re in it, so best to walk away quickly right from the get-g0.
I think your gut generally gives warnings when you start to feel something is off with someone. Those are DEFINITELY warning signs though.
A bad friendship is one of those things that most all of us go through. You have to look for the warning signs, recognize them and do what’s best for yourself.
Kathy Kenny Ngo
Friends are hard to find. So if you have your true friends with you. keep them.
Leigh Anne Borders
It is so important to pay attention to the signs. it is not healthy to be involved in relationships that wear you down.
We have to be careful who to make friends with. If we found those TRUE FRIENDS better keep them and cherish them.