I have seen so many people who have friendship crisis, I do not have any ideas what happen to them. But, I have been there before. A lot of people notice some warning signs of a bad friendship, they are good to know how to avoid the troubles from other friends. Have you found yourself in bad friendship before?
I had one of the worst experiences in my whole life when I was in High School. I learned my lesson I should not be in bad friendship. As a freshman young innocent student, I found wonderful friends in the same grade. My friend and I became best friends, we talked about our common interests and goals. It was so fun to talk about boys, we started to flirt with boys.
One day, some students in my class approached me, they needed my help with homework. I did not mind at all, so I helped them with studying for quizzes and homework. My best friend warned me about some students and their troubles so I had no idea what was going on with them. However, some students I helped with homework started to get my attention, and we developed our friendship, which was great. A few days later, I found that my friends do drugs. Whoo.. What?! I saw my friends taking cocaine!! That was so sick, I was very disgusted with my friends, they were only 15 years old, so young. I left them quickly without saying a word. I refused to help them with homework again.
Today, I am writing about 5 warning signs you’re in bad friendship. It’s a good idea to share this with your teen early before entering into High School. Now you are an adult, you are smart enough to find any warning signs of bad friendship because you may have what you felt was the worst experience in the past when you were in bad friendship so you learned your lesson.
5 Warning Signs You’re In Bad Friendship
- Drugs. I am sure you know how to say no to drugs. Saying no is very easy, do not be afraid to say no. If anyone tries to pressure you into drugs, just simply walk away without arguing or fighting.
- Gambling. I hear some people are addicted to gambling since they have friended with other gambling people. Sometimes, gambling is a dangerous activity some people get involved as a result of getting into a bad debt with gangs or a private company. If anyone encourages you to gamble with a private company or gangs, just simply say no. If saying no does not work, you can be firm and walk away. Eliminate the negativity from your life.
- Swing Party. I am certain you may know what I mean about participating in a swing party. I hear some people enjoy partying in swing group; that is very risky and sick. Consequently, some people get HIV, an STD, or any diseases from sex with multiple people in swing parties. Just avoid them, because you care about your body and health first.
- Rival Gangs. Additionally, I see some people are in the rival gangs. Furthermore, there are different kinds of “blood” or “crip” rival gangs such as “Red”, “Blue”, “Purple”, and other color gangs from different races or regions. There are also MS13 and other motorcycle clubs like the Banditos or Hells Angels. They are seriously dangerous people whom you should not be with. Just stay away from gangs. They are not your problem; they have their problem. Just avoid gangs and find good friends.
- Other bad habits. Another red flag: you know what bad habits look like. Also, you might see your friends have a stealing habit, gossip habit, abusive habit, drinking habit, or other bad habits. So, if anyone encourages you to do other bad habits, do not take it personally, however just think about what you are doing with your life. Alternatively speaking, do not do anything wrong.
Consequently, you know now how to find some warning signs when you are in a bad friendship. Finally, stay well and be safe.