Two weekends ago, my husband and I went to our home church. When the worship service ended, one woman came toward and interrupted me while I talked with my friends. She told me that our American Sign Language interpreter was horrific. I was like – confused and silent. My husband was very disgusted with how rude she was, I was the same. The woman is Christian, but she has not understood God’s word. My interpreter is also a Christian woman.
The woman bitterly complained that my interpreter MUST have a proof of her fluent sign language skills or has the certificate of sign language interpreting because she could not understand how well my interpreter signed. Somehow, I corrected her lightly, humbly, and maturely without showing my anger. I was thankful that God helped me to handle my anger. However, I told the woman that I appreciated her concerns. I understood my interpreter’s sign language well as I used to knew her sign language. I advised the woman to attend the church very OFTEN so she could understand my interpreter better. If she cannot stand how my interpreter signs, she needs to find her “home” church. It does not mean that I push her out of that church, but the woman needs to figure out how she can change through God on her own time. I cannot offend her; however, God does not want me to get in His way because He knows the situation and He works on the woman’s heart.
My intuition tells me that the woman is a very demanding person. After we left the church, my husband and I prayed to let God take care of the woman. We both felt uncomfortable how she was rude and bitter in the front of our dear friends at our home church, but we both were humble and avoid judging others in order to love our people, as God encouraged us to love others unconditionally.
For your information, I do not want to “point” with my first finger and I do not know about you. Basically, I am here to write my blog post that help encourage you to think about how you should change through God’s Grace with these beautiful verses.
6 Things Christian Woman Should Change
- The Bitter Heart. A lot of Christian women have bitter hearts which cannot be seen in the human eyes, but God can see that in His eyes. I did have my bitter heart before. I had to change through God’s Grace. Reading the bible is the key to resolve a bitter heart. I believe that these verses may be helpful for anyone’s heart is wrestling to forgive.
“See to it that no one comes short of the grace of God; that no root of bitterness springing up causes trouble, and by it many be defiled;” (Hebrews 12:15).
“Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you.” (Eph. 4:31-32).
And you can view more bible verses about being bitter.
- The Uncleaned Heart. Some Christian women have unclean hearts, even though they think that they are Christians. Sadly, some have not changed because they hold their grudges for some reasons. For example, one Christian woman has an unclean heart, however, she tells everyone that she has a “good heart.” Does it seem to be dishonest? These verses encourage anyone who can forgive, change, and clean the heart.
“For all of us have become like one who is unclean, And all our righteous deeds are like a filthy garment; And all of us wither like a leaf, And our iniquities, like the wind, take us away.” (Isaiah 64:6).
“For He knew the one who was betraying Him; for this reason He said, ‘Not all of you are clean.'” (John 13:11).
And you can view more bible verses about being uncleaned.
- The Unforgiving Heart. Interestingly, I have some Christian friends who are not very forgiving people. One Christian woman I know for so long time has not been forgiving the others, even though she believes that she is Christian. Yet, her heart is still hard. I have seen that some saying that they do not want to forgive the others because they are not ready to face the argument or they do not deal with their problems. I understand that women are very sensitive, right? These verses help anyone to forgive the others.
“For if you forgive others for their transgressions, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. “But if you do not forgive others, then your Father will not forgive your transgressions.” (Matthew 6:14-15).
“Whenever you stand praying, forgive, if you have anything against anyone, so that your Father who is in heaven will also forgive you your transgressions.” (Mark 11:25).
And you can view more bible verses about unforgiveness.
- The Little White Lying Heart. Can you, as Christian woman, be honest with us? Yes, we should be honest with each other. Some are not able to tell the honest, as they feel that telling the honest is too perfect for anyone or they think the little white lies can just be “okay”. Do you think that God is fine with the little white lies? No, God disagrees with that because the 9th commandment says that God hates lying. These verses may explain why the white lies are not acceptable.
“It’s your sins that have cut you off from God. Because of your sins, he has turned away and will not listen anymore.” (Isaiah 59:2).
“A truthful witness saves lives, but a false witness is a traitor.” (Proverbs 14: 25).
And you can view more bible verses about lying.
- The Dishonest Heart. One night, my friend in the small group from Women’s Ministry talked about witnessing a car accident. She saw the elder couples mistakenly crashed into the back of the young girl’s car. When the police came, the young girl came to tell the lie that she reversed her car crashing back onto the elder couples’ car. It seemed that the young girl felt sorry for the elder couples, and tried to save them trouble. Do you think that it is okay not to tell the honest truth? Let’s see what these verses say in the bible about dishonesty.
“If you are faithful in little things, you will be faithful in large ones. But if you are dishonest in little things, you won’t be honest with greater responsibilities.” (Luke 16:10).
“The Lord detests the use of dishonest scales, but he delights in accurate weights.” (Proverbs 11:1).
And you view more bible verses about dishonesty.
- The Ungodly Heart. Today’s Christian women have hidden their ungodly hearts for some reasons. For example, Christian woman fall into the sinful world and she ends up being lesbian or the children are born out of wedlock even though their mothers are not married. Additionally, Christian women abort the innocent unborn babies for some reasons. God can see our hearts daily, He knows what we have done. These verses may be helpful for these who have ungodly heart.
“Scoundrels create trouble; their words are a destructive blaze.” (Proverbs 16:27).
“…and all the ways that wickedness deceives those who are perishing. They perish because they refused to love the truth and so be saved. For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie and so that all will be condemned who have not believed the truth but have delighted in wickedness.” (2 Thessalonians 2:10-12).
And you can view more bible verses about ungodliness.
If you know a Christian woman in your small group and you notice how she acts, then you can encourage her to learn these verses from the bible. Importantly, you two need each other and support each other just like the bible says, “A friend is always loyal, and a brother is born to help in time of need.” (Proverbs 17:17).