Cutting off negative people is a big challenge but it’s not easy. So some Christians cut off negative people for some reasons. Some Christians say that cutting off negative people is worth it, because they want to take heed on their spiritual relationship with God first and read the bible to grow their faith in the Lord. Some Christians mention that they cut off people in order that they do not want to end up like the worldly (or two-minded) people. Cutting off negative people does not mean that you hate them or that you are a mean person. It helps Christians to back off that person’s own sins. They want to stay in their relationship with God and give themselves some self-examination while walking with God. Even so, Christians always love people; nonetheless, they need to be safe and stay in peace spiritually and mindfully.
My experience about cutting off one of my family relatives is somewhat painful but it makes me brave to do this. Our dear Lord needs me to focus on my relationship with Him and walk in faith with Him daily. I am not perfect. I am not a bad person. I am not a terrible person. A few days after Thanksgiving day, I cut off one of my sons. He is my first adult son; I am very sad that he is falling into some dangerous sinful habits. He is harshly disobedient to me as his mother. He is trying to humiliate me in any way in the front of people. He does write his posts in his social media about me. He has a lot of behavioral issues including being manipulative, furthermore his wife seems that she does not care at all. I am a little bit ashamed how my son behaves badly. My family and I forgive him many times, even though he does act careless and lacks his self-control. As the consequence, it’s my time to walk away from my son and that I let God work on him. I wouldn’t help nor support my son financially and emotionally anymore. God wants me to rest and He does not want me to get in His way. I am confided in that our Lord is taking care of my son and his wife while I am helping other people at the church and women’s ministry. Everyday, the Lord reminds me not to worry about that much, He is working. My family and I continue to pray for my son and his wife.
If you are thinking about cutting off negative people, you have to make sure that you forgive for what she or he has done to you. And tell to that person you decide to cut off and move on because you might need to focus your faith in God and read the bible every day. Remember that you do not have to feel so much guilty about cutting off that person you believe may be ungrateful or disobedient. Loving that person is okay but be wise to avoid negative person so you will be humbly blessed from our Lord.
7 Bible Verses About Cutting Off Negative People
- Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. (Galations 5:19-21, NKJV).
- Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, (1 Corinthians 6:9, NKJV).
- These things we also speak, not in words which man’s wisdom teaches but which the Holy Spirit teaches, comparing spiritual things with spiritual. (1 Corinthains 2:13, NKJV).
- But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come: For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away! For of this sort are those who creep into households and make captives of gullible women loaded down with sins, led away by various lusts, always learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth. Now as Jannes and Jambres resisted Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, disapproved concerning the faith; but they will progress no further, for their folly will be manifest to all, as theirs also was. (2 Timothy 3:1-9).
- casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ, (2 Corinthians 10:5, NKJV).
- If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him. (James 1:5, NKJV).
- And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God. (Romans 12:2, NKJV).
Related Articles To Cutting Off Negative People
- How to Protect Yourself from These 10 Toxic People
- 7 Bible Verses about Giving the Lord Your Problems
- 10 Bible Verses to Forgive Yourself
- 7 Bible Verses about Comfort through Hard Times
- Bishop T.D. Jakes – It’s Ok To Cut Someone Out Of Your Life